It’s time for a new DIY !
A few weeks ago, I went to visit my grandparents. My grandma was showing me one of her necklaces but it was one big mess. She always puts her jewelry in boxes and then it gets messed up and all stuck in eachother. So I thought of a solution for that.
And here it is:
I’m very proud of it, so I wanted to show you guys and make a tutorial of it.
- a frame (preferably wooden)
- duct tape (or any other tape or glue)
- optional: paint (spray paint works best, but all paint will do)
How you do it:
- Step 1: Choose your fabric and measure it so it’s the same size as your frame
- Step 2: If you use a lining-paper (I have no idea how to call it) as I did, you can paint it if you want. I used spray-paint in chrome, so it has a ‘silver lining’. I think it’s better that way, a bit more fancy ^-^
- Step 3: Tape (or glue) your fabric onto your lining-paper or your frame. I used duct tape, but you can use everything you want. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look very nice, it’s going to be covered later so you won’t see it anymore.
- Step 4: Take your frame, hammer and nails and knock the nails in the wooden frame. You can choose which side you take. I used the longer side, since you can put more jewelry on then. If you use nails that have been somewhere around for a while so they are a but rusty (like mine), put them in a glass of Coca Cola. Then rub it of and they will be just as if you just bought them.
- Step 5: Put your fabric (and lining if you have one) on the back of the frame and attach them. Most frames, as you might know, have those little metal things you just have to close and it’s solid. Mine was a bit older and didn’t have that. So I took the backside and used some nails and a hammer to put it onto the frame.
- Step 6: Put something on the back so you can hang it. You can buy those special things in many shops. This ofcourse is optional. You can just put your jewelry-holder on a table or something. But I prefer to hang it, that way when you have larger necklaces, they fall beautifully.
So, that was it! Hope you liked it. If you tried it yourself, or something similar, send me a link of your photo! I’m curious ^-^